About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Z is for Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

When D#2 was a baby, I used to change her diapers on the long bathroom countertop. One memory I have is singing this song to her as I zipped up her one-piece jammies. To this day, she remembers me doing it, even though she was only about 18 months old. Just goes to show how a baby's mind takes things in, especially extremely pleasant experiences.

How does this fit into my theme for this round (my new life with Lorne)? Well, she has been a real trouper in accepting the fact that I've moved on with my life and she's happy that I'm happy. She's developing a very good relationship with Lorne and respects our relationship. So here's to a wonderful daughter and our memories of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."

May all our lives be filled with zip-a-dee-doo-dah moments!

19 comments:

photowannabe said...

Utterly one of my most favorite songs and the whole Song of the South movie.
Wonderful honor to your daughter. I'm glad she accepts your new happiness.

Rune Eide said...

It sound like the right Z - Good luck!!

Beverley Baird said...

What a great Z post!
Love that song!
It is funny what our kids remember - when mine get together I always am amazed at what delighted them and what they actually do remember.

Tumblewords: said...

What fun!

Janie said...

I love that song. It's so cheerful, a great one to sing in the nursery. Your daughter sounds wonderfully supportive, which I'm sure means a lot to you.

Rose said...

This has to be one of the happiest songs ever written! It's funny what early memories children have; sometimes mine remember things that I don't!

Carolyn Ford said...

fabulous and creative! Love it!

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Ain't it FUN?? I did this one 2 rounds ago and I love it! In fact, z's ALWAYS make me think of this and then that song goes on and on in my head!

jay said...

I loved that song as a child, too! It's such a happy, melodic tune. No wonder your daughter remembers you singing that to her, safe in her mother's love, and in her warm home, well fed and comfortable and with 'Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah' ringing in her ears!

Shrinky said...

This song always sparks a memory for me too - my mother took me to see the movie, and I can recall it as clear as day. I don't have many warm memories of my mother (not her fault, she was ill), so this one is particularly special to me.

I am so glad your daughter recognises you have earned the right to be happy, and is being supportive in that!

Louis la Vache said...

Good one, Leslie! ;-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Love that song. Thanks for the reminder.

Susan said...

Belated Happy New Year Leslie.
That sounds as though the memorie was one that you both enjoy.
I should start to do the ABC thing again. Maybe it will keep me blogging more regularly! Ive slacked off lately.

buy phentermine cheap said...

I love young babes also like you.

Uk Dissertation Writing Services said...

The information you provided is quite simple and clear for knowledge seeker. Thanks for your research anyways.

Dissertation topics said...

Excellent Blog! I really admire your thinking and the way you have put these information in this post. Thanks for sharing an informative post.

Anonymous said...

One other way of making major money will be look away. Dub Turbo critique has got the include that permits you-whether you are a expert possibly a newer given birth to in the music business to generate income by way of building bests together with rhythms via the internet. Software program facilitates a cost-free holiday inside advance of beats without hassles for the reason that many knowledgeable whenever using analogue equipment. The two brands and also the artists tend to be given the assurance in good results since the device does not require a great deal of recognize how in using the following. It is rather easy to use not to mention as a consequence of rising marketplace demand, it is becoming more and more reasonable to meeting your goal the latest audio consideration.


[url=http://mkmusiconline.com/make-beats-fast-and-easy-with-dubturbo]dubturbo review[/url]

Electronic Cigarette said...

it is becoming more and more reasonable to meeting your goal the latest audio consideration.
Extenze

hallsarah204@gmail.com said...

I'm glad that you enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and baseball. I'm also enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my recently purchased digital camera. Use this best writing service for any academic needs!