About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, June 15, 2007

What we do for fun...


Just home from a picnic at my former school - was invited by a couple of good friends who are still teaching there. The food was supplied - barbecued hamburgers, roast beef, and teriyaki or spicy salmon complete with all the trimmings. For dessert there were chocolate and carrot cakes plus watermelon. Everything was delicious! For fun, there was a bouncy castle for the kids and then for something really exciting this year, we had a tractor pull. Yes I live in the 'burbs very close to the country - some of the students actually live on farms in the area and their parents/grandparents open their homes for visits to the pumpkin patch or to see the baby animals that are born in the springtime. A great time was had by all tonight at the 3rd annual school picnic.

6 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

Nothing runs like a Deere! I used to live in Waterloo, Iowa, and they had four John Deere plants there. Iowa is real proud of those big green machines. Looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good outing, a good time and wonderful food in the fresh air.

Ivan

ivan said...

Nothing like a good outing, a good time and wonderful food in the fresh air.

Ivan

Ruth L.~ said...

Leave it to the teachers to plan a good feed. You'll never go hungry at a school party, so I've found. I read about your potential new job. Hope it worked out, but if not, I'm sure you'll find something that lets you work with kids.

heiresschild said...

ah, there's nothing like a good barbecue/picnic with friends. i've never been on a tractor pull before. who pulls the tractor, and do people ride on it?

heiresschild said...

i meant to say, "i've never heard of a tractor pull before."